Friday, July 25, 2008

The Penultimate Day

Tomorrow is our last real day with the kid. So this will probably be my last post reagrding our voyage. Tonight she has her final horseback riding lesson, but we're hoping to be able to continue this for her and her sister in VA as their birthday presents. She will be riding a different horse that has a lot more bounce, she's going to be surprised!
I don't know what we're doing tomorrow except for her "makeover" at Libby Lu. We had her on a chore point system while here, and if she got all of her points she got her makeover. Several changes have been made along the way, but for the most part she did a really good job with her chores.
I'll be a basket case on Sunday morning, and I think she'll shed a tear or twoor twelve, but it's time. Her mom misses her, she misses her whole family and John and I are missing our alone time. I can now understand why people like a bigger house. We can go into our bedroom, but she can still hear us, and God forbid the TV is on in the living room while she's trying to sleep. I guess if you grow up in a smaller environment it's different.
Hurricane Hannah may have come in like a lion, but she is defintely leaving like a lamb.

No comments: