Wednesday, July 9, 2008

You don't know what you're doing, you need to call my mom.

Yes, that's what we were told yesterday morning as the child screamed in pain and dripped blood from her seriously lacerated toe. If she hadn't been so very upset and blood wasn't going all over our carpet, I probably would have laughed. Fortunately for all parties, we did know what we were doing and got her properly bandaged and off to horseback camp where she did "x" jumps yesterday. She cried for a band aid last night before bed, but we told her how the wound needed to dry and would look much better in the morning. I can't verbally express my relief to you when I woke up this morning and her toe looked 20 times better, (I secretly was dreading that it would reopen, and we would lose her trust a little).
Tonight her friend for camp, Meredith, is joining us for dinner. We set ground rules last night, most of which are always in place, and we had her repeat them to us this morning. We're setting the ladies up outside, so they can chill and watch a movie while eating dinner. We normally all sit at the dinner table and eat together, but we wanted to do something special for her. Maybe we'll surprise her and get some ice cream and they can have floats or something, I don't know, I'm getting all wild and crazy.
She really seems to be getting into her point system. She was upset this morning when we told her Geraldine didn't need a walk, "How am I going to get my point?" But we have 2 extra points built in for just such occasions, so it looks like next week John and I will be terrified while sitting through a makeover session with her at Libby Lu. She also amazed me a little last night, when we asked about her vacuuming certain spots and moving chairs, table, etc she told the truth about what she hadn't done. I was impressed, at her age I would have lied through my teeth and hoped that no one checked.
We're looking into more horse camp for next week, fingers crossed that comes to fruition, if for no other reason it seems to be REALLY positive for her.

No comments: