She's back, and she brought her shadow. Not really her shadow, but whenever Sophia meets a new adult she hides behind her sister, so close enough.
I left my uncle's house in VA around 6:30 on Sunday morning and got to the girl's house around 7:15. About 15 minutes later we departed on our adventure 1170 miles or half way across the country. Their mom told me that they were good in the car, but seriously how good can a 9 & 7 year old be for 21 hours in a car? Try AWESOME!
Several hours in I asked the girls if they had their DVD players, they forgot them, my heart sank, this trip just got exponentially longer. I was wrong, Paula (their mom) packed so many great activities for them to do, and sometimes we just talked about different things. The time that we spent together, is something I hope I remember always. The precious hours are now a cherished memory of mine.
If I thought Hannah was a picky eater last year, it was only training for Sophia. Sophia doesn't eat red meat. I'm thinking to myself "really, no hamburgers"? She doesn't like spinach, is 50/50 (her words) on asparagus, no broccoli or cauliflower either. I ordered her a sammie from Quizno's yesterday and she said she had never had melted cheese. I know she has, but new is new to a 7 year old. So far she has tried everything and has been reasonable on eating things. I ordered a pizza with spinach and tomatoes, they picked off the tomatoes and ate the spinach. I can live with that. We're also going to try asparagus again, but without lemon this time. In all honesty I can't complain, and I hope this isn't being taken as such, they are both doing a REALLY great job with food. We splurged a lot on our trip, but when they asked for grilled fish, asparagus and corn on the cob for dinner, I knew we were in good shape.
Tonight we're going to get some Baton Rouge weight shorts and shirts. It is almost 100 with the heat index today and Sophia will be in soccer camp next week, so she really needs some wicking fabrics. Plus who doesn't like shopping?
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
MT, this is awesome! Can't wait to read about the upcoming adventures!
Post a Comment