Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tired=I Have A Headache

Apparently this is true for most 8 year olds, they don't feel well, so they have a headache or a stomach ache, our kid uses the first. Monday night I was home from work a little early because I was under the weather, at 4:45 we got a call from the gym saying we needed to pick her up she had a headache. She had told John that morning that she didn't want to go to yoga, after months of saying that she did, so we thought this was a ploy to get out of it.
We get to the gym and she's lying on a bean bag in the noisy baby play area, John rubbed her back while I gave her the Tylenol. We informed her of her options, "We would like for you to try and go to yoga class, because its very relaxing", she informed us that it was always loud, we told her that it was only the instructor talking no one else; if she wasn't up for yoga then she needed to go home and go to bed. Boy were we surprised when she said she would try the yoga as long as I sat in with her. She didn't half ass it either, she went full out, I mean this is kids yoga, but she didn't call it in, I was SO proud of her. She put in a solid half an hour and then asked to go home, which we did.
We could tell how tired she was just in her body movements, in her eyes and of course all of the yawning. When we got home, I asked her if she wanted to call her mom, she said she didn't but mom wasn't available, so we called Grandma who did a fantastic job satiating her. After she was done I talked with her Grandma for about 10 minutes and we just gabbed and caught up. I went in to check on her after I got off the phone and she was OUT, I mean drool on the pillow, snoring, out like a LIGHT! John and I debated if we should wake her for dinner, fortunately the mom called and let us know that letting her sleep was the best thing.
We woke up a little late on Monday and I opened my door to go wake her and there she is sitting on the couch, writing out a dream she had and petting the cat. Quiet as a church mouse. She obviously needed the sleep and the 13 hours seemed to do her well. She was tired when she went to bed last night, but she did 45 minutes of hip hop class, and 30 minutes of dance dance revolution class, wouldn't you be tired?
Tonight we begin a new adventure, bra shopping. Hopefully the plethora of stores in Baton Rouge will enable us to be successful, otherwise I don't know who will have a meltdown first, her or me!

No comments: