I know John and I are going to be DRAGGING this afternoon and evening, but once again the girls surpassed our expectations. John and I awoke at 3:45 this morning to start the day, 15 minutes later I woke the girls up. They sprang into action. One got dressed, while the other brushed their teeth then they switched places, they were little machines this morning. I think the knowledge that their mother's arms was only a few hours away was the driving force.
We experimented with introducing new foods again this summer. I don't know why I torture myself, well us, but I'm glad people did it for me, so I'm passing it along. Asparagus, roast beef, steak (the little one "doesn't like red meat" or so she thought), squash, broccoli, crawfish, etc. Most were met with some resistance by the younger one, who then rates everything, "I'm 50% on this", she says. We did fib a little the other night when we were having grilled squash, they both looked at it and said that they didn't like it. They didn't know what it was either. I told them it was European french fries. I confessed today that in America we call it squash though, and that we didn't like it as kids, so they should try it again as adults. I'm sure in 5-10 years they'll put two and two together and laugh about it.
Their bags were packed to the gills, I hope their mother is able to disseminate all of it, I don't know that I could. They insisted on taking home two shoe boxes that took up a ton of space, they also housed their masks from New Orleans. Completely freaked them out when I put underwear and socks in their shoes, "Ew gross", I believe was the direct quote. The older one is missing two socks too, a pink and a yellow one. I have NO idea where they are. We're dismantling their bed tonight and hopefully they'll show up.
I admit to shedding a tear at the airport this morning, once when they got on the plane and then when the plane took off (we could see it from the window). As soon as they were called up they never looked back, they are ready for their Mom and Dad who I know were anxiously awaiting their arrival.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
15 last year -4 entries this year. Either you ewre too busy to write this year or you're more seasoned this year. Whatever the casr - GOOD JOB!!!
Post a Comment