Thursday, June 26, 2008

Another Day Another........

Yesterday didn't bring any new dillemas, no meltdowns, but a self realization. The kid is not going to change her ways, or embrace our ideas easily. I should have known better, but hindsight is 20/20.
The biggest self realization of the day came when she had a bad dream at 2am. When the puppy needs to be let out of his crate, I never hear him, always sleep right through it and this is part of the reason I think I would be a terrible parent. 2am there is a rap at the door,"Mary-Tyler", I popped up out of bed and sprang to the door just like in "'Twas the Night Before Chirstmas". I wasn't fully coherant, and I didn't have my glasses on or contacts in, but my mind was completely tuned in on her. I put my arm around her and asked if she wanted to sleep with me for a little bit, she said "no" so we went back to her room, changed the sheets and she went right back to sleep. I took a while longer to fall back asleep, knowing that my argument about not hearing a child's pleas in the night was no longer a valid reason for not wanting one. On the flip side when the alarm went off at 6:15 am I was VERY unhappy.
Today we're going to do something active, maybe the dog park. Here's to a new day and more self realizations!

No comments: